Friday, June 18, 2010

A Father's Day Post...



Micah is a wonderful father to Scarlett and I love watching him interact with her and take care of her. As a parent he is patient, fun, exciting and level-headed. Sometimes I am quite the basket-case when it comes to motherhood and one of Micah's jobs is to frequently say, "Now let's keep our wits about us." I find his calming presence invaluable .
I love how he always narrates Scarlett's life for her, as if he was commissioned to be her personal tour guide and help her navigate this vast new world. I'll hear him go in into her bedroom and greet her -
"Good morning Scarlett, oh thank you for the smile! I hope you had a good night's sleep. Let's get you up and change that diaper. Guess what mom picked out for you to wear today?......Jeans with embroidered flowers! You know Scarlett, every girl needs a good pair of jeans - they're pretty much a staple in every wardrobe.....etc."
I hope she will grow to appreciate what a wonderful dad she has. Happy Father's Day Micah!

3 comments:

Heather said...

You posted!! See its not that bad. I love the pictures your friend took. I can't wait to see you and scarlett because I am coming out on Weds!! I am so excited!

Tyson and Courtney said...

haha I can just picture Micah saying all that! That's hilarious! I'm so glad you have him, you two seem perfect for eachother. Miss you!

Amanda said...

Cute pictures!